Things to Do in Chatham and Cape Cod
Chatham, MA offers an array of entertainment for both locals and visitors. From outdoor activities, both on and off the shore, to the wide variety of historic, shopping and cultural attractions, Chatham provides an exciting opportunity for all to enjoy.
Biking on Cape Cod is a great activity for the entire family. Whether you head out on the Cape Cod Rail Trail, take a tour around Chatham, or bring your bike over to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket, you are sure to find a route to suit your needs and ability. Bring your own or rent one from one of the many shops in Chatham.
- Cape Cod Bike Guide - A comprehensive guide to biking all around Cape Cod. Links for shops and trails.
- Cape Cod Rail Trail - A paved bikeway that runs 28 miles from South Dennis to Wellfleet. The terrain is relatively flat, with some minor grades at certain sections in the Lower and Outer Cape areas, specifically Orleans and Wellfleet. Of all the regional bike routes, it offers the most variety in scenery and natural Cape landscapes. A recently built trail connects Chatham with the Rail Trail.
Cape Cod Baseball
- Audubon Society - Located in Welfleet, MA, extensive trails bring you to a panoramic salt marsh, sandy barrier beach, and pine woodlands, each attracting a wide array of wildlife.
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge - The refuge provides important resting, nesting and feeding habitat for migratory birds, including the Federally protected piping plover and roseate tern.
Chamber of Commerce
- Chatham Anglers - The season runs for two months and our home games play under the lights and begin at 7 PM. Admission is free.
- League Site - The best college players throughout the country are nominated by their college coaches and selected to play for the ten teams.
- Chatham, MA - All encompassing site of businesses, activities, and events for the Town of Chatham.
- Freedom Cruise Line - Harwich. Seasonal ferry service to Nantucket. Free day same day parking, closest ferry to Chatham.
- Hy-Line - Hyannis. Ocean St. Dock. Year Round ferry service to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. Both fast and traditional. On-site and off-site parking available.
- Steamship Authority - Ferry service from Hyannis to Nantucket and Woods Hole to Martha's Vineyard. Offers year round, fast ferry and car ferry available.
- Captain's Course - Brewster - Two championship 18-hole courses. Staff includes PGA professionals available for lessons and clinics.
- Golf Cape Cod - A great site for an overview of golfing on Cape Cod.
- Seaside Links - A nine-hole course located in Chatham.
- Walking Trails - A collection of hiking, biking, and dog walking trails from around Cape Cod and the islands.
- National Seashore - A guide to the many trails at the National Seashore.
- Atwood House - Chatham. Original home of Capt. Joseph Atwood (1720-1794); restored over the years and open to the public since the purchase. Available to visitors from mid-June to mid-October and to researchers year-round by appointment.
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History - Brewster, MA; Inspiring all to become investigators, students, and stewards of our national surroundings.
- Center of Coastal Studies - Marine life research and preservation of our coast's delicate ecosystems.
- Heritage Museum and Gardens - Sandwich, MA; Three galleries (including a vintage carousel and vintage automobiles) and gorgeous gardens. Explore the Mary Cain labyrinth and the Hart family Maze.
- Plimouth Plantation - Plymouth, MA; Great family fun! Experience Plymouth as it was in 1627; Plimoth Plantation, founded in 1947, is a living history museum in Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA, that shows the original settlement of the Plymouth Colony established in the 17th century by English colonists, some of whom later became known as Pilgrims. They were among the first people who immigrated to America to avoid religious persecution and to seek religious separation from the Church of England.
- Beachcomber - Find native seals in the wild between Chatham Light, North Beach and the break. Round-trip beach shuttle, and boat transportation.
- Chatham Water Tours - Get to know the seals that become temporary Chatham residents during the summer months.
- Monomoy Island Excursions - Tours include Wychmere Harbor, in Harwich Port, one of the most scenic harbors on the Cape, Stage Harbor in Chatham, where you get a close up view of Stage Harbor Lighthouse, Monomoy Island and Chatham Lighthouse.
- Rip Ryder - Another by-sea option for travel to Chatham and for looking at the seals as they frolic and rest in the sun.
- Academy of Performing Arts - Orleans. The Academy offers more than a dozen shows each year: musicals, comedies, drama and more.
- Cape Cod Melody Tent - Hyannis. The premier summer live music destination for Cape Cod.
- Cape Playhouse - Dennis. You never know what famous stars may have gotten their start at our little Cape Playhouse.
- Chatham Drama Guild - You won't miss a line, a tear or a laugh at the intimate, 125-seat Chatham Drama Guild theater.
- Monomoy Theater - For more than 50 years, the Monomoy Theater has offered live performance entertainment in the form of drama, musicals and comedies.
- The Orpheum Theater - Founded in 1915, the movie theater offers current releases, in-house events and offers a bite to eat at the in-house cafe.
- Bus - Breeze - Hyannis to Orleans - The H20 bus connects Hyannis to Orleans with many stops in Chatham.
- Cape Air - Service to Boston, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard and Westchester County (NY).
- Cape Flyer - Seasonal weekend train service from Boston to Hyannis.
- Jet Blue - Seasonal service from Hyannis to New York (JFK).
- Fish Pier - Along with the sweeping beauty seen from Aunt Lydia's Cove, you can also see Tern Island from this pier.
- Stage Harbor - Every hour on the hour from Sunrise to Sunset, check out your favorite Outermost and Stage Harbor and Oyster Pond sights.